Posebox Catalog links are at this website. Lachesis' Posebox Catalog

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sims 3 Update - Finally

Well no surprise, I rushed out last night and bought World Adventures. It took me forever to get it installed because I didn't update the base game figuring the updates would be in with the DVD - nope, so if you haven't, update your base game before you install, it'll help save time. Also, I uninstalled Delphy's install hack - the only hack I have - and pulled out the folder with the small handful of non-EA cc. I had no problems, but I played without putting the stuff back, so Yuri, Leta and Aiden have EA skin and not my default replacement skin. *shudder*



Anyway, I've put Yuri's Journal up at Lachesis' Presents. Just a quick walk through of one of the tombs to give you an idea. It is a bit of a spoiler for the tomb located behind the base camp, so if you're not interested in a spoiler post, you might want to avoid it. :)

My game playing life started with Myst and Tomb Raider. From there, I've played a ton of Adventure Company games, all but two of the Tomb Raiders, Prince of Persia and every Myst game released. So, this EP is pretty much up my alley, even if it is very simple compared to the above. I did enjoy walking Yuri through the tomb. Unless there's a lot of randomness to this, however, I can see it getting to be the same old same old quickly. Frankly, I found Bon Voyage to have much more enjoyable vacation spots, but in all fairness, I did only go to Egypt for three days. I'll see as I get farther along.

Take care,
Lachesis

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm, i have so many dl's for the sims 3 too..idk what hacks i have. lol, im so bad about organizing my dl's. anyhoot, did you get my email? im going in my game to get that list for you now. ps..been using your catalog every day..ITS SO GREAT.

Unknown said...

Hey xtina, I purposely don't put much in TS3 because I play it when I just want to quickly get in and spend a short amount of time. If I want to wait for it to load and mess around with a lot of stuff and families, I load TS2 :)

*embarrassed* yes, I got your email, sorry, thank you for the list, whenever is fine. I'm glad the catalog helps, thank you. :D

Anonymous said...

lachesis,
i recently sold some of my games to gamestop and bought WA with my credit, but, after reading in the TSR forums and other places around the sims community, theres been a lot of trouble with the game not starting, loading/saving lots, people not showing up, etc. im terrified to install it! i have invested ALOT of time in ts3. :( should i take out my mods folder when installing? i hear that sims3pack files work just fine..just not the package files...have you had any problems?

Unknown said...

Hi xtina, I completely uninstalled Delphy's Installer Helper Monkey and removed my mods folder to my desktop before I installed WA. Next, I suggest you make sure your base game is completely updated to the latest version to save time after you install WA because once you do that, there will be a number of other updates required for WA.

I still have not put Delphys' hack or the mods folder back as I'm waiting for Delphy to officially update it. In my case, it doesn't really matter because I only have 9 files in my mods folder anyway. :D

Otherwise the game has run without problems for me. :)