Posebox Catalog links are at this website. Lachesis' Posebox Catalog

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

General Mutterings from the Corners of My Mind...

With Out of Touch coming to an end in three chapters, and The Search for Nanda having only a handful of parts left, I've been giving thought to how to handle these updates.

I've decided that the end of stories, if done correctly, should be answering questions and tying up loose ends. Hopefully, if I've done my job, that's precisely what's going to happen with these two stories.

Therefore, I've decided to put SoM on hiatus until Out of Touch ends. This means the next three Sunday updates will be Out of Touch.

Then I will be free to concentrate and end The Search for Nanda on consecutive weeks without breaking the momentum.

As for where other stories are going. I was supposed to start a new Lachesis' Tales with Just Call it Magic. Unfortunately, that story, although started, just doesn't seem to be cooperating, and is lacking the magic at the moment, so it has been shelved. It's a story and character I love, so hopefully, it will talk to me soon.

However, not to worry, I've also been giving thought to the future of Lachesis' Falderal and the simfic50 challenge. When I started it, it was very much my intention to have fun with it. To write little vignettes for each of the prompts. I never intended for there to be storylines. Sebastien follows along with that desire very nicely as each of his stories are actually contained vignettes. Doing the same with the Guardian Angel characters would be quite easy as well, although I do have one more written with Alexander and Melissa that will more or less tie up that storyline.

But, Angels' Cloud is another matter entirely. I've grown quite fond of the story and the characters but it will not fit into the vignette pattern. Beginnings was a desperate attempt to find something, anything that would allow it to fit within the simfic50 guidelines. So, I'm going to move it into the next Lachesis' Tales slot.

For the time being, I'm not sure how it will be updated. Between pose boxes, SoM The Search for Nanda followed immediately by Guardian's Key

(which is completely written - so not to worry) and my newest project which I'm looking forward to, but will keep a secret for just a little while longer, getting AC written completely and then updated will take sometime.

So much to do... but you will not be left without something to read. That I promise.

Take care,
Lachesis

7 comments:

cheripye said...

Cant wait to see what you come up with and I just realized I havent read one of your stories. LOl! Will get to it soon, I have to catch up on After the Calling... 80)

I love Sebastian, as you well know, LOL! I even had to watch HL the other day, the story had me going so. 80)

KDSGS said...

First off, lovely shots!

I too, am trying to wrap up one story. Going to be cutting back to two on-going stories from now on.

I have a deep admiration for you and the other ladies who work AND deal with RL and do these stories besides.
My whining about three stories being too much for me seems lame, LOL!
Look forward to anything you do, just stunning work!
And I STILL have to get to your Falderal blog as yet!
*sigh*

Emily said...

Wow! You sure can juggle a lot! I'm trying to catch up with your updates, been a little too wrapped up with the dl's website and had way too much RL stuff to do as of late. Can't wait for the end of OOT though, I love that story!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Emily! RL can be a real pain. And that dl website really is a bit of work for you, that's for sure, but last I looked it was looking sharp. :)

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you all think. A little nervous about it, too, though. :)

thewynd said...

I am amazed at how you can balance so much creatively and still put out incredible work. I always look forward to your updates.

Unknown said...

cheripye,
Oh, heavens, by all means read After the Calling first. Vernon has a wonderful imagination and has come up with a fascinating world. :) And when you're ready, OoT will probably be done, or close to it, so you won't have to wait for updates. :D

Me, too, I've had a Sebastien update rolling around in my head, but it's not a happy one, I'm afraid. Hey any excuse to watch HL, take it. :D

Drew,
Thank you! I was wandering through my unused pictures and wallpaper. :) In fact the wide pictures are 1440x900. The last one is a hint at what's to come at SoM. :D

Work's a pain, but fortunately, I've grown old enough RL isn't too terribly crazy anymore. LOL I remember when I didn't work, I couldn't figure out how I had time to work I was so busy.

There's not much at Falderal as of yet. Just some bits and pieces.;)

Unknown said...

Wow, thank you so much Gayl, and I was feeling bad because I couldn't get Just Call it Magic to gel. :/

I'd been planning it for months, but I became unhappy with it, and yanked a big hunk out of it, and all I'm left with is a cool beginning. LOL, that's not much of a story, I'm afraid.