Posebox Catalog links are at this website. Lachesis' Posebox Catalog

Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Littlest Things Can Baffle Me

Okay, I admit it, I don't know what a northern beach looks like, I don't go to the beach. I've never gotten over my aversion to the one near where I live since a friend in high school (in the 70's) had a cut get severely infected after swimming at our local beach. I understand the area is better these days, but things learned young stick.

So, when I decided to do the scene that will cover the next few chapters, I had an almost impossible time just getting started because I needed a beach. I usually, with a few exceptions, build my own buildings and lots in order to get the look I want. So after looking at the empty lot, bulldozing it and putting it back endlessly, I gave up and checked the web for a lot I could download. I admit, I didn't scour the web, but where I did look seemed to only have tropical lots available. We don't have palm trees in the north. :P

Finally, I looked at some pictures of beaches in northern states and decided, simple and sweet. So, that's what I did, simple and sweet, and it worked out fine; and Chapter 10 was added to Out of Touch, Out of Time on time (much to my relief.)

Thank you everyone for reading!

Take care,
Lachesis
(Just back from getting Mansion & Garden SP and picked up the new Nickelback while I was there :D)

No comments: