Posebox Catalog links are at this website. Lachesis' Posebox Catalog

Friday, November 14, 2008

Sea of Moons Updated

The Valley Part 1 is up at Sea of Moons.

Behind the Scenes at Sea of Moons:

I just thought I'd share a small tidbit about how A Vampire's Tale came about.

(If you're not up to date on the story, there are spoilers ahead, so be aware when you read :D)

I was watching the Sims I'd already created at the Sea of Moons tell me their story when somewhere along the way, I remembered how much I love angst ridden vampires and decided to create Kerrin. When I'm creating a character, I do a character sheet where the character tells me their story in first person so I can get their "voice". I knew Kerrin's love was murdered, thus that would lead to a vampire that kept to himself and drank too much.

So, one Sunday morning I sat down to do the character sheet and by the end of the day, A Vampire's Tale was completely written. I've never done that before, or since, unfortunately. I then decided to post it at the Sims2 Community Forum in hopes that it would show people that my story exists on the web.

Spoilers from this point on

Well, it didn't take me long to realize that people actually seemed to like it (something that, I admit, always amazes me :D), but I kept telling my husband that they were going to get pissed when I killed Lassirra. It didn't seem to matter that I told the reader very little about her beyond what Kerrin believed about her, because I knew she had to die. Well, I posted her death, and I was proved correct. Immediately, my rating dropped and nearly all the comments stopped. :)

However, by then I'd decided that Lassirra was one of the best Sims I'd ever created; she was perfect for Kerrin, so I didn't really want to kill her off either. But, if she didn't die, then Kerrin had no angst, and didn't have a reason to over drink. Well, I was torn for days. Finally, I sat down and wrote what I call at the forum, Lassirra's Tale, or the Epilogue.

So there, Lassirra/Lessa was never supposed to be. But because of Kerrin's love, she lived. But I don't think I've made it too easy for him, however, he'll still have to win her love again, if he can, if she's not too scarred from her experience with Lornus; if being a seer isn't too much for her to handle.

Thank you for reading.
Take care,
Lachesis

No comments: