Posebox Catalog links are at this website. Lachesis' Posebox Catalog

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lachesis Presents - New Blog

Hey everyone, I've started a new blog, Lachesis Presents to tell the story of Sireta Aren who lives on the world of Dagon. But unlike our Sea of Moons characters, she lives on the continent of Tyr, which is to the east of Neith.

A while back, I mentioned a new project, this is it. My desire is to showcase Sims 3 in the way I know best - storytelling. This is not meant to be a review, for that there are many on the web, just look around. For those who are not sure about the game, or who just like to follow characters along on their journey, that's what this is.

This is Sireta Aren's blog, a daily, or not so daily depending on how it works out, account of starting out in a new home far from where she grew up.

It's a case where I play the game and tell the story, so I have no idea whatsoever what's going to happen. So, if you're interested in storytelling, the Sims 3 or both, follow along with Sireta and me as we check out what EA has given us.

I'm using no cc, no pose boxes, no preplanned story. I haven't turned off the plumbbob, headers or balloons. It's just what comes out of the box. I'm even using the in-game camera. :D

Take care,
Lachesis

2 comments:

KDSGS said...

Well, it looks interesting. Certainly shiny. The neighbourhoods views looks nice. But you can't go into the stores??

I read on some forum that someone called it Sims 2.5, not Sims 3. From what I have read here at your blog and elsewhere, that seems to be the case.
Not crazy about the look of the Sims, but vanilla Sims 2 sims are nothing to get excited about. Will wait and see what creators come up with regard to skins, eyes, hair, etc.
And hopefully some hacks, etc to enhance gameplay. And maybe someone will make you some elf ears!
Till then, I will roll along with Sims 2. I still have 3 EP's to buy to explore yet!
Nicely done, Lachesis!

Unknown said...

Hey Drew, yes it does look really nice, and you can go in the library, the art gallery, the gym, the community pool, those are the ones I know, but I don't think there are many others. No, you can't go in grocery store, the bookstore, the theater, the school, City Hall, the stadium and others. :(

Sims 2.5, LOL, actually, unless they do something more, I'm beginning to think they shouldn't even call it the Sims. However, I have every faith that eventually the community will make it look good. Only problem with the community elf ears is that I don't like the ones that stick out the side of the head - too big, looks more like demons than elves. :) I'm so picky.

Oh, by all means, enjoy everything TS2 has to offer, it'll be years before TS3 is ready for prime time. :D

Thank you, Drew. At least there is enough to do to be able to tell a story.