Posebox Catalog links are at this website. Lachesis' Posebox Catalog

Saturday, June 6, 2009

New Sireta's Blog

The Start of Better Things was posted at Lachesis Presents. Yesterday. Sorry, I forgot to post it here. :p

After spending all day yesterday playing, I have to say, to some extent I'm hooked. There are a lot of things to do when you don't know anything. I'm sure over time, I'll become familiar with everything, but for now, I'm not bored. Because you have less time in a day to things, it takes longer to accomplish even simple goals to advance at work. The reason for having less time is simple, you can't go downtown, spend eight hours, and then come home and spend those same eight hours over again doing something else. Twenty-four hours is twenty-four hours and everything has to be accomplished during that time frame.

This is not to say I've abandoned my play neighborhood at Sims 2. I haven't, there's still way more to do in Sims 2, but for now, this is just one more Sims neighborhood to play, and I'm actually enjoying it. I wish the characters looked better, but they are what they are. If I want better looking characters, I'll go back to Sims 2. :D I also wish I could play it so all the graphic features were utilized. There's one setting that I can use, the game runs fine, and everything looks so much better, even the landscape, but it causes my fan to run all the time, and the sound of that drives me crazy, so I settle for less. :(

My 2-cents on Sims 3: If EA tries, eventually it'll be a good game, and, of course, the community will eventually be able to make it even better.

There're lots more pictures for Sireta's blog taken, lots more story scribbled down, so I'll be following her for some time to come.

Take care,
Lachesis

2 comments:

Mao said...

Hey Lachesis! You're trying serious storytelling with TS3? Wow. You are crazy, LOL. I can't see ever doing it, I'd probably prefer to skewer out my eyes.

I've been playing the game for several weeks and did an overview blog at maonao.net/failboat. Not too sure about how long it'll last. Experimenting with a gameplay blog atm. Buh.

But then again, I'm from the first of first TS1 era. So I'm like that old lady yelling at kids to get off my lawn, lol.

Unknown said...

Hey Mao, serious storytelling? Not even close, I'd go crazy if I even tried that. (Not to say I'm not crazy already. :D) No, just blogging out what's happening in the game. I can't ever, ever see using TS3 for storytelling, okay for just game play, no more, no less, and I'm doing this mostly to help other people decide what they want to do about it. Also, it's most likely the only way to keep me from skewering my eyes out. :D Since this is my Valentine's Day present, the money was allocated to it long ago. In this economy, many don't have that luxury. I'm trying very hard to be objective about the way I'm doing it. Unfortunately, it's not easy to show the things that are no longer in the game and are sorely missed.

Thanks for the link, I wanted to post it, but wasn't sure yet how wide-spread you wanted it advertised. :D

I first bought TS1 after Making Magic came out (no surprise there, eh?) and in a very short time had everything but House Party, Vacation, and Superstar, then bought TS2 when it came out. Prior to that I played Bioware RPG's and other rpg's, I loved the way the Sims were like an rpg without the swords. :D