Posebox Catalog links are at this website. Lachesis' Posebox Catalog

Saturday, March 7, 2009

OoT, OoT is Going to be Late

Hi Everybody,

I'm sorry to say OoT, OoT is going to be late. The reason being my own sense of having to feel organized.

Recently, I wanted to put together the next part of my Steampunk simfic50 story. I knew exactly what picture I wanted, but after spending the better part of an hour going through the pose boxes (yes I even went online to find the box and the picture) I was ready to pull my hair out. I found the picture online, but there wasn't a picture of the box itself, and the name online for the box was not the same name as listed in the catalog. See where I'm going, and just my luck, it was the last box I tried.

This is the pose, I knew it was perfect, I didn't want to settle for anything else, damnit.

So, I've started my own picture catalog. Meet Eharael and Arura Moonwind:


They're my models for this project. I'm photographing every pose with every box. Taking them to Photoshop and putting the name of the box and the name of the pose on each. Then, I'm sorting them into individual folders called: Sit, Stand, Lie, Kneel, Weapons and Couples. As I take the pictures, I'm learning exactly what's available (for me it's like writing something down, once written, I remember it better) and I'm getting ideas along the way.

It's long and tedious, but actually I like it, too, and as I plan on doing this for sometime to come using the Sims 2 despite the fact I'll be getting Sims 3 to use only as a play neighborhood, I think it's a very valuable step for me right now.

So, I'm sorry to delay on OoT, OoT just as it's picking up, but I really think all my stories are going to benefit from this brief pause in updating them.

Once more, I want to thank everyone for taking time to read, comment and follow my stories. You're appreciated beyond words.

Take care,
Lachesis

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the quote you used by Mark Twain.

Wow, sounds like a huge undertaking! I hope you find that pose you are looking for. This is why I am glad I no longer do sim stories. No more pose boxes or hacks. I finally have a clean game.

I know I am so far behind in reading, it's not even funny but I will definately get to the new SoM update. I just saw it had been updated.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I love that quote, too, and I really try to remember it when I'm writing.

Actually, it's been going a lot faster than I thought and I really think it's going to work well for me. My clean, hack free game will be Sims 3 when it comes out. I plan to play it, at least for the first little bit as vanilla.

Take your time, I'm not going anywhere for quite a while. I'm still enjoying this.

Mao said...

I wish I had the patience for this! It would certainly lessen the time I spend trying to find the right buggering pose.

Unknown said...

Hey Mao,

Your comment made me realize that since I have probably more time than anyone else, and have already done it, I'll share. The links are in the post above. It really does help, and I hope to have the rest done before too terribly much longer. :D