Posebox Catalog links are at this website. Lachesis' Posebox Catalog

Monday, March 23, 2009

Pose Box Update

Hey, I've added D Set (BuyMode name once again) and Posing Box by minttsang @ simcave - there is no name listed at all for this box in the BuyMode catalog. It's blank where the name should be and says 10 Pose in the description. :)

A couple of things I should mention I've discovered in putting together the couples poses.

1. stretchskeleton has to be used frequently to adjust heights to make the poses fit and look right. Many times one has to be made taller and the other shorter.

2. When using the magic tray, if you're using one for each Sim - that's not always necessary, but usually is - the Sim needs to be facing the direction of the arrow on the tray, and one slides into place better than the other. I've found that if I choose the wrong tray to slide, the Sim will just snap out of place. It's hard to say which one should be slid into place, I found it to be trial and error. If there's a method, please let me know.

Take care,
Lachesis

3 comments:

S.B. said...

Thank you again! I wish the creators of these pose boxes would agree on some standard naming convention (like I have any right to complain since I'm not making them).

I wonder if using the ground OMSP (don't remember who did this) would work as well as stretchskeleton. You couldn't get a full body shot, but if you didn't need one, it might work.

I did fiddle quite a bit with the magistray to get the shots I used. That's a great tip about lining up the trays facing the way you want them to go. I got it right once, then couldn't duplicate it for one shot I wanted. Just trial and error.

Thank you again!

KDSGS said...

I find the magictray a major pain personally. Of course, I have only tried a few poses so far, and manage to get them with 'snapobjectstogrid'

Maybe I found the magictray a pain because I did not know what I was doing, LOL! Thanks for the tips!

Unknown said...

S.B. and Drew,

You're both very welcome.

S.B. It would be nice, but so many different people do them. That's why I couldn't take it any more and started this project in the first place. :D

You know, the ground OMSP would probably work, I never thought of that, especially if you're doing a face shot. (I don't remember, either, but I'm sure Goodbye_sun has it in her list at GoS I linked to in a previous post.)

Drew, I use the snapobjectstogrid false and the moveobjects on, too, but sometimes they just don't work. I have to say, of all the poses, the couple shots are the most annoying to put together, but the nicest looking in the stories.

Oh, btw, thank you both for using the right word for the tray. I have the worst time remembering what things are called. :D